Château de la Reine-Blanche, forêt de Chantilly, 1826.
1843
In the forest of Chantilly, there is a group of fish ponds created in the 13th century by monks of Chaalis Abbey. That’s where later on a tiny castle was built upon their banks. It became a hunting lodge during the 18th century. In the 19th century, it was given the name the Castle of the White Queen, or the Château de la Reine Blanche.
